My Postgraduate Studies

Hi everyone!

Since I entered to university I thought that it will be a good idea to take postgrade studies, because nowadays, to be competitive in any labour field you need an especialization and a PhD will certainly give me that. But I'm also convinced that taking a job in what you studied for is the only real experience and competitivity that you will learn (There are things that are not written in books that only experience in work will sum to your knowledge).

With all that said, I think that if I take a PhD, it'll probabily in an area which I like in Political Science. I like topics like National Defense, Administrative Decentralization, Advertising and Propaganda and International Relations. 

I like national defense because since I was a little boy I have been interested on military topics and I think that is important, specially in this days, to develop civilian knowldge and to relate with politics and citizenship this area. I'm interested in administrative decentralization, because I have lived in many cities and regions of Chile and I think that is important to advance in this political process and I could help with this (Also because I would like to live in Temuco when I get my degree). Lately, I've been thinking in Advertising and Propaganda because I would like to advise in political campaigns and having an assessment business (I also like to make memes). My final option is geting a PhD in International Relations, because is an interestig topic since I remember studying from books and internet the culture and history of almost every country in the world. 

Finally, It is a really good idea to have a Phd, but is also a problem to pay for it, because I will probabily start working when I finish university and it will pass a some time until I get a good salary to pay this. Only time and work will say if I will take this option.

Bye!





Comments

  1. Hi Nicolás! your post is really interesting, it's true that having a job is what gives you a lot more of experiences, but i also think that postgrades gives you an extra especialization, so fundamental to some future jobs. See you in class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Nicolás! I´m agree with you and your post, having a job it´s a good source of knowledge and skills, and maybe it would be better work before to take postgraduate studies.
    See you in class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my friend! We'll be the best political advisers in history... Making memes is a job, not a hobbie <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello my dear friend Nico! I also plan to do a post-graduate degree in international relations, it would be good to continue studying together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that today it is very difficult to do a doctorate because of the economic costs and it saddens me that people have the ability but not the money

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

English Classes

A place that I would like to visit

My Future Job